Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trying Something Different

So tomorrow is my first reining lesson. I am excited and a bit nervous. Not only is it my first lesson in almost 10 years, it's also my first western lesson. I'm not sure what to expect, though I've been reading a lot lately trying to figure out what this reined cowhorse business is all about.

Mugwump gives some good advice on her blog about taking lessons. She says to listen, and ask questions. So that's what I'm going to try to do. It makes good sense, especially since I'll be in such an unfamiliar branch of equestrian sports. Surely if I can do dressage and show jumping I can do this, right? We'll see.

In other news, I got some new conformation pictures of Halo last Sunday. She's getting a lot better about being tied up, although she did have an argument or two with the tree. (The tree won). I think she's looking a lot more muscular, and seems to be growing like a weed. Of course, the growth may be purely horizontal, thus providing an optical illusion...




No comments: