Friday, April 24, 2009

Halo Shows Her Dark Side

What more appropriate occasion for bad behavior than when you have a visitor?

Tara and her husband Josh sold Halo to me almost a year ago now, and she's been following my blog since then. Recently Tara acquired her own 2007 baby - a colt named Tex. She's starting the exciting process of rehabilitating and training him, which you can read about on her blog at Adventures with Tex. She's also a professional wedding photographer who does beautiful work, so I was excited to have her visit with her camera! You can see some of Tara's professional pictures at her photography blog.

In honor of Tara's visit last Sunday, Halo decided to pull out all the stops. She was fussy while she was tied, and then a total nutcase in the round pen. It didn't help that a trail ride of about 15 people were arriving back home while we were working her - the commotion had much more of her attention than we did! Here are two great shots Tara got of Halo being naughty:






If you click on the images you can get a closer view of her facial expressions, which I think are priceless. I shouldn't admit it, but when I first saw these pictures in my email inbox, I laughed out loud. I can't help but find Halo's antics hilarious, especially because she is usually so sweet and cooperative. We weren't asking much of her in these pictures. She's just young, fit, and full of energy. She did eventually settle down some, but definitely wasn't even close to angelic. So much for showing Tara how much progress she's made in the past year!

So for those of you who think my filly is always good...here's proof to the contrary!

1 comment:

Leah Fry said...

One of 2 things: Murphy's Law or the mini state of denial we all enter when our horses are on an extended streak of good behavior. I don't care who you are, when they're good for a long time, our subconscious says, "Ah, we've finally crossed over and my horse will now be a good boy/girl forever!" Mmm, maybe not. It's more like a roller coaster ride than a graph of continuously rising progress.